Reach your peak with the leading health system serving southeastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia. Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH) is seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist to join our growing practice at Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center in Hazard, Kentucky. Here, you’ll be able to contribute your skills and training alongside a community of globally minded physicians in an integrated system that is big enough to support your success and ambitions, yet small enough to allow you to make a meaningful impact on the health of our communities.
Blaze your trail to excellence at ARH with:
Discover the world of possibilities within our expansive system and experience a boundless quality of life within the majestic Appalachian Mountains—an area renowned for outdoor recreation, natural beauty, community spirit and hospitality. Let us help you reach your peak.
1. This position will be responsible for the for the psychiatric care and treatment of clients in the outpatient setting, as well as acting as the collaborating Physician for Advanced Practice Providers providing outpatient services.
2. Monday through Friday; 8am and 5pm.
3. As the mental health professional, you are responsible for diagnosing and treating psychiatric disorders, usually through medication.
4. Duties include studying mood, personality, and behavioral disorders, discussing symptoms with patients to determine a diagnosis and prescribing medication to correct chemical imbalances in the patient’s brain.
1. Use a variety of methods to evaluate a patient, mostly by interviewing patients, their family or other persons.
2. Develop a treatment plan according to the needs of the patient’s needs and extent of emotional, social, cognitive, developmental, or behavioral disorder.
3. Directs, supervises, and provides consultation when needed to other clinic professional staff in the implementation of treatment plans and care of clients under his/her care.
4. Treat a patient using psychotherapeutic methods and medication, monitoring the effects of any medication, and adjusting treatment where necessary.
5. Consult with the patient’s Primary Care Physician, Nurses or other health care providers when needed.
6. Provides psychiatric consultation, evaluation and treatment as required.
7. Provide crisis intervention when needed.
8. Write and maintain patient and clinical records, including the type of treatment and medication administered.
9. Keep up to date with professional job knowledge by reading publications, attending educational conferences, or maintaining professional networks.
10. Follow ethical and legal policies, procedures, and standards.
11. Discharges clients and/or assists in the closing of cases on clients under his/her care in a timely manner.
12. Participates in clinic meetings and duties as required.
13. Assumes overall responsibility for the care rendered to clients under his/her care.
14. Maintains responsibility for safe client care through appropriate planning, implementation, and evaluation procedures.
15. Maintains documentation as required and completes in a timely manner according to organizational policy and regulatory requirement.
16. Maintains the confidential nature of client and business information.
17. Performs related functions as assigned.
We are excited to bring in ambitious clinicians whose focus on advancing care can help us expand our capabilities and care for the communities we serve.
Dr. Marye Margaret Boggs
Family Medicine Obstetrics
Dr. James Rothstein
Dr. Obi Agborbesong
Dr. Sheheryar Khan
CHIME Digital Health—Most Wired
ARH has been honored for Digital Excellence by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) for four consecutive years. This remarkable achievement places ARH amongst an elite few across the globe and showcases our commitment to improve healthcare by pioneering digital strategies through analytics, data management, population health, infrastructure and patient engagement.
U.S. News & World Report, High Performing Hospitals— Heart Failure and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
ARH is proud to be recognized for High Performing achievement in heart failure and COPD by U.S. News & World Report. This distinction recognizes excellence in quality care and outcomes at our recognized regional care facilities. It’s an honor to have three of our hospitals featured on the short list of 664 high-performing COPD hospitals and two ARH hospitals amongst the 1,090 high-performing heart failure centers.
Forbes, Top 10 Employers in Kentucky
Forbes has ranked ARH as one Kentucky’s Top 10 Employers in their annual listing of America’s Best-in-State Employers. The recognition affirms our systemwide commitment to our medical and non-medical staff. This coveted distinction highlights our employee satisfaction and abilities to provide meaningful work with excellent rewards and supports to allow our team members to reach their peak — personally and professionally.
The Appalachian Mountains are a majestic world that is full of life and opportunity. History, adventure, culture, hospitality and natural wonders beg to be explored throughout Kentucky and West Virginia.
The roots of diversity run deep in the mining and lumber communities of this region. Industrious individuals from all over the world flocked to the region to find prosperity within these once booming business sectors. The rich global heritage and traditions of our earliest settlers still exist within these communities. It’s incumbent on ARH—as a business and community leader—to carry that legacy of diversity into the future and beyond.
From our very beginning, we’ve been rising to meet the healthcare needs of the people in Appalachia. Our independent, not-for-profit health system was formed in the 1960s when thousands of Appalachian citizens were going to lose their local hospitals. Since then, we’ve remained steadfast in our commitment to ensure that the people of southeastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia would always have a health system that works as hard for them as they do for one another.
Protected health information (PHI) and HIPAA compliance
HireControl does not collect any of the following data: