Reach your peak with the leading health system serving southeastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia. Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH) is seeking a BC/BE General Surgeon to join our growing practice at Beckley Appalachian Regional Hospital in Beckely, West Virginia.
Here, you’ll be able to contribute your skills and training alongside a community of globally minded physicians in an integrated system that is big enough to support your success and ambitions, yet small enough to allow you to make a meaningful impact on the health of our communities.
You’re never alone here
When you join our ARH general surgery team, you become a vital member of a multidisciplinary health care team where your expertise is valued. You’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism and mutual respect. Where ARH offers the support and resources you need to be at your best at work – and at home. You’ll benefit from:
· Continual collaboration and support from fellow physicians, executives, and recruitment
· Access to ARH hospitals and clinical services
· 24/7 support for the ICU staff via telemedicine
· Robotics, available at two hospitals now and a plan to add more machines
· Multiple GI physicians who are willing to perform ERCP surgeries
· Loan repayment programs for your student debt (all service areas are considered underserved)
· Potential involvement in hiring allied health professionals and nursing staff
· Treating rare cases, which is not uncommon in our communities
Blaze your trail to excellence at ARH with:
· Competitive salary with RVU production model
· Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision and a 403(b)-retirement plan
· Loan forgiveness programs
· Stipend considerations (for residents and fellows)
· PTO – 29 days annually
· CME reimbursement with five added PTO days
· Malpractice coverage
· Immigration services available, if needed
· H-1B availability, plus J1 Visa waivers are available in all service areas
Away, but not far from it all
Discover the world of possibilities within our expansive system and experience a boundless quality of life in the natural beauty of the Appalachian Mountains. Escape from city life to a place where you'll thrive. Where small-town main streets are full of heritage, culture, history and southern hospitality. Where natural wonders beg to be explored. Where college sports and renowned horse racing are right within reach. We can genuinely boast that most physicians (even the most skeptical ones) who make on-site visits end up committing to an opportunity at ARH. Come join us.
We are excited to bring in ambitious clinicians whose focus on advancing care can help us expand our capabilities and care for the communities we serve.
Joseph Lowry, DO
The Appalachian Mountains are a majestic world that is full of life and opportunity. History, adventure, culture, hospitality and natural wonders beg to be explored throughout Kentucky and West Virginia.
The roots of diversity run deep in the mining and lumber communities of this region. Industrious individuals from all over the world flocked to the region to find prosperity within these once booming business sectors. The rich global heritage and traditions of our earliest settlers still exist within these communities. It’s incumbent on ARH—as a business and community leader—to carry that legacy of diversity into the future and beyond.
From our very beginning, we’ve been rising to meet the healthcare needs of the people in Appalachia. Our independent, not-for-profit health system was formed in the 1960s when thousands of Appalachian citizens were going to lose their local hospitals. Since then, we’ve remained steadfast in our commitment to ensure that the people of southeastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia would always have a health system that works as hard for them as they do for one another.
Protected health information (PHI) and HIPAA compliance
HireControl does not collect any of the following data: